Countdown to Back-up

Posted by on | |

Countdown to Back-up


Countdown to Back-up

Posted: 15 Jul 2011 01:41 PM PDT

Did you, by chance, notice the countdown clock right above this post? Are you slightly curious as to what the announcement will be? I can promise you that it has nothing to do directly with me. Nope, this announcement has everything to do with everyone who follows, subscribes and reads this blog. I believe the countdown will run  out at noon on August first. Is that a long time to wait? Yes, for some it is but I promise that it will be worth the wait.

Where have I been this week? I have been busy for one and it might surprise you that I haven't been to extremely busy with writing. Actually I am at the end of my first round of revisions for my second novel which happens to be the major wholesale change so I'm not sure how long it will take me to get through that last bit. Would you believe my schedule is starting to fill up for the next two months? I remember when scheduling the next week was a challenge. I have been asked to be a guest on a number of websites in both August and September. Now that I think about it; I think I will add a schedule on here so you know where I am. Oh that sounded so....pompous of me. That was not my intention at all. I enjoy being on other blogs and I enjoy sharing that experience with you. Just think, you might find a new blog to follow.

A few months back I wrote a post about backing up your work in case something bad happens. I would like to add to that now. A good friend of mine unintentionally deleted his entire blog! He meant to delete just one post I think but instead he deleted his blog all together. For those who don't know; if you delete your blog entirely you cannot get it back. His new blog is currently in the works and should be ready to go in a few days. The lesson from this is that, once we get our blog looking the way we want, we need to download a copy of it to our computers. This will not help if you delete it but if something goes crazy with your blog you can upload your back up and start there.

Have a fun and safe weekend. Also, hang on to your hats because August first is coming!

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário